22 May 2015
Loughborough Academic Awards
Each year Loughborough Academic Awards celebrate the success of the past year in regard to the outstanding learning and teaching experience we have at Loughborough University and reward those who provide excellence in teaching, staff who support learning and who provide exceptional services for students, and the students who initiate change and invest a tremendous amount of time and passion into creating a first class education and the best student experience.
In this year's awards the School had nominations short-listed in 12 categories, won 5 awards and received 4 commendations.
Staff and student award winners:
- Paul Maynard – Student Engagement Award (sponsored by Academic Registry)
- Amy Rumble – Department Committee Member of the Year
- Mandy Rana – Promoting Employability Award (sponsored by the Career and Employability Centre)
- Wolfson Programme Rep Team – Programme Rep Team of the Year – the Programme Rep team has now won this award three years in a row.
- Bhav Mistry – Extra Mile Award (sponsored by the University Library)
- Ayesha Lumsden – Programme Rep of the Year
- Paul Maynard – Personal Tutor of the Year
- Rob Law – Department Chair of the Year
- Charlie Newton – Programme President of the Year
The School was also ranked third in the ‘Department Committee of the Year’ category.