Dr Camilla Gilmore
Reader in Mathematical Cognition
Tel +44 (0)1509 22 8218
Location SCH.0.30 (Schofield Building)
I completed my undergraduate and graduate studies at Nottingham (BSc Psychology), Reading (MSc Psychology Research Methods) and Oxford (DPhil Experimental Psychology). Following this I worked as a postdoc in the Psychology Department at Harvard University and was then a Research Fellow in the Learning Sciences Research Institute at Nottingham for 5 years. I moved to the MEC in 2011.
- Mathematical cognition in adults and children.
- Mathematical learning difficulties and dyscalculia.
- Conceptual and procedural understanding of mathematics.
- My recent research projects have been funded by the ESRC, British Academy, Nuffield Foundation, Action Medical Research and Esmèe Fairbairn Foundation.
- I collaborate with academics at Nottingham, Leicester, Warwick, UCL, Leuven, Bonn, Turku and Amsterdam.
I have the following responsibilities within the MEC:
- Member, Senior Management Group