Studying a PhD at the MEC as a practising teacher
Practising teachers are welcome to apply for part-time PhD study at the Mathematics Education Centre. Further details will be available regarding funding shortly.
Studying for a PhD allows you the opportunity to:
- research something of personal interest as a teacher of mathematics;
- be supported by supervisors with international reputations as researchers in mathematics education;
- benefit your depart and school through the findings of your study.
Studying for a PhD will:
- develop your awareness and skills as a reflective practitioner;
- develop skills as a researcher;
- help you learn in depth about your area of study;
- enable you to become an 'expert' in your chosen field.
Studying for a PhD can open doors in your future career by:
- becoming very knowledgeable about issues relating to mathematics education;
- having demonstrated a commitment to studying and learning more about issues relating to mathematics education;
- being analytical and articulate about issues relating to your study;
- being more qualified than others when applying for new posts.