News and events
Stochastic Dynamical Systems and Ergodicity: School and Workshops
Loughborough University and Shandong University 2016-2018
The Stochastic Dynamical Systems and Ergodicity events will take place on the following dates:
- School, Loughborough University: 5-9 December 2016 - Registration is now open!
School, Loughborough University: 5-9 December 2016
The event will be held in room SCH.0.13 in the Schofield Building on campus. A number of talks will be given by a range of speakers (confirmed below).
- Guiseppe Da Prato (Pisa) - G Da Prato talk 1, G Da Prato talk 2, G Da Prato talk 3, G Da Prato talk 4
- David Elworthy (Warwick) - D Elworthy talks 1-4
- Shige Peng (Shandong) - S Peng talk 1, S Peng talk 2, S Peng talk 3, S Peng talk 4
- Michael Rockner (Bielefeld) - M Rocker talk 1, M Rockner talk 2, M Rockner talks 3-4
- Zdzislaw Brzezniak (York) - Z Brzezniak talk
- Rainer Buckdahn (Brest) - R Buckdahn talk
- Michael Chekroun (Los Angeles)
- Dan Crisan (Imperial)
- Arnulf Jentzen (ETH) - A Jentzen talk
- Xue-Mei Li (Warwick) - X-M Li talk
- Hao Ni (Oxford) - H Ni talk
- Martin Rasmussen (Imperial) - M Rasmussen talk
- Weijun Xu (Warwick) - W Xu talk
- Tusheng Zhang (Manchester)
- Kenneth Uda (Edinburgh) - K Uda talk
- Umesh Umesh (Kings College London) - U Umesh talk
There will also be an LMS sponsored East Midlands Stochastic Analysis Seminar organised by Zdzislaw Brzezniak (York), David Elworthy (Warwick), Xue-Mei Li (Warwick), Zhongmin Qian (Oxford) and Huaizhong Zhao (Loughborough).
The Department has some funding from the London Mathematical Society to support UK based PhD students, to cover a limited number of on campus accommodation. Please indicate when registering if you are a UK based PhD student and if you require funding.
There will be a mandatory registration fee of £10 per delegate per day. Registration is now open.
- Workshop 1, Shandong University (Weihai): 7-11 August 2017
- Workshop 2, Loughborough University: 23-27 July 2018
These events are supported by the Royal Society, the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the London Mathematical Society.
Event Organisers: Chunrong Feng (Loughborough), Juan Li (Shandong) and Huaizhong Zhao (Loughborough)
Scientific Committee: David Elworthy (Warwick), Martin Hairer (Warwick), Terry Lyons (Oxford), Zhiming Ma (CAS, Beijing), Shige Peng (Shandong) and Michael Rockner (Bielefeld)
About these events
Ergodic theory, stochastic analysis and probability theory are intimately related research areas. In particular, ergodic theory can give information about many aspects of the long term behaviour of random dynamical systems both in the sense of laws and pathwise. The aim of this series of school/workshops is to discuss modern developments concerning the appearance and application of ergodicity in stochastic analysis and in general random dynamical systems, and to analyse the interactions between these topics and with real world applications.
The topics covered may include:- stochastic flows; stationary processes; random periodic processes; invariant measures; periodic measures; spectral analysis and inequalities; law of large numbers and ergodicity; invariant manifolds and MET; stochastic PDEs; infinite dimensional random dynamical systems; infinite dimensional PDEs; non-Markovian random dynamical systems; rough path and signature; analysis under nonlinear expectations; regularity structure; numerical analysis; applications including in environmental sciences, biology, finance, fluids, control systems, data analysis etc.