Road and Vehicle Safety (MSc)
The aim is to develop candidate's knowledge and competence with a range of approaches to road and vehicle safety.
Students will be introduced to issues such as:
- Vehicle passive and active safety
- Road infrastructure and road safety policy
- Driver performance
- Identification of concerns and development of solutions
- Principles of Road and Vehicle Safety
- Vehicle Safety Systems
- Vehicle Crashworthiness Design
- Roads and Infrastructure Design
- Driver Behaviour and Safety
- Human Systems Analysis
- Crash Investigation
- Research Methodology
Students also undertake a substantial research project in the Traffic Safety field which may or may not be company based.