Professor Anne Morris
Professor of Information Science
Tel +44 (0)1509 223073
Research interests include user interface evaluation, eye-tracking, web-metrics, the impact of IT on end-users including change management, e-metrics and economic valuation of information services, user evaluation of information services, electronic books, library ergonomics including health and safety issues.
Teaching areas include Research Management; Interaction Design; Graphic Design and Desk-top Publishing.
- 3DIR: three-dimensional information retrieval with School of Civil & Building Engineering
- The informational aspects of direct to consumer genetic tests
- The Impact of Culture on Human Information Seeking Behaviour
- Member of the Research Information and Digital Literacies Coalition
- Editorial Board - The Electronic Library
- Editoral Board - Vine
- Panel Member: Best Paper Award, The Electronic Library
- Editorial Board - Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery and Information Supply
- Consultancy to commercial organisations, academic institutions, libraries and government departments.
- Hasan, L., Morris, A., and Probets, S.P. “A Comparison of Usability Evaluation Methods for Evaluating E-commerce Web Sites”. Behaviour & Information Technology, DOI:10.1080/0144929X.2011.596996. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0144929X.2011.596996
- Balatsoukas, P., Morris, A; and O’Brien, Design factors affecting user interaction and relevance judgment behaviour in the context of metadata surrogate. Journal of Information Science, 36 (6), 780-797, 2010.
- AlAwadhi, S. and Morris, A. Factors influencing the adoption of e-government services. Journal of Software, 4 (6), 584 – 590, August 2009, http://ojs.academypublisher.com/index.php/jsw/article/view/0406584590
- Balatsoukas, P., Morris, A; and O’Brien, The effects of discipline on the application of learning object metadata in UK Higher Education: the case of the JORUM repository, Information Research, 16(3) September 2011, http://informationr.net/ir/16-3/paper481.html
- Balatsoukas, P., Morris, A; and O’Brien,. An evaluation framework of user interaction with metadata surrogates, Journal of Information Science, 35, 321-339, 2009 <http://jis.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/35/3/321?etoc>
- Dearnley, J., McKnight, C. and Morris, A. “Making e-books available through public libraries, some user reactions”, Journal of Librarianship and Information Science 40(1), 31-44, 2008.