Dr Steve Probets
Tel +44 (0)1509 228055
Information Management & Computing Programme Tutor
Web Development & Design Programme Tutor
Information Management and Web Development Programme Tutor
Research interests include the process of scholarly communication, open access and markup languages for electronic publishing. I teach in the areas of electronic publishing and e-business. Personal interests include golf and gardening
Member of Programme Committee for ACM Document Engineering Symposium (2002-9). Editorial Board Online Information Review.
- Layla Hasan, Anne Morris & Steve Probets, “A comparison of usability evaluation methods for evaluating e-commerce websites”, Behaviour & Information Technology, Volume 31, Issue 7, July 2012. pp707-737.
- Elliott N, Probets SG, “Is there a second life for librarians?”, The Electronic Library 29(3), Jul 2011, pp354-366
- Probets SG, Hasan L, Morris A, “A comparison of usability evaluation methods for evaluating e-commerce websites”, Behaviour and Information Technology, 0(0), 17 Jun 2011, pp1-31
- Creaser C, Fry J, Greenwood HR, Oppenheim C, Probets SG, Spezi VCL, White SU, “Authors Awareness and Attitudes Toward Open Access Respositories”, New Review of Academic Librarianship, 16(S1), Oct 2010, pp145-161
- Bide, M., Dhiensa, R., Look, H., Oppenheim, C. and Probets, S.G., "Requirements for a registry of electronic licences", The Electronic Library, 27(1), February 2009, p43-57, ISSN: 0264-0473.
- Jenkins, C., Oppenheim, C., Probets, S.G. and Hubbard, W., "Romeo Studies 7: creation of a controlled vocabulary to analyse copyright transfer agreements", Journal of Information Science, 24(3), 2008, p290-307.
- Thomas, J.W., Probets, S.G., Dawson, R.J. and King, T., "A Step Towards the Adoption of Standards Within the UK Ministry of Defence", International Journal of IT Standards and Standardization Research, 6(1), January 2008, p55-69, ISSN: 1539-3062.
- Jenkins, C., Probets, S.G., Oppenheim, C. and Hubbard, B., "RoMEO Studies 8: Self-archiving: The logic behind the colour-coding used in the Copyright Knowledge Bank". Program - Electronic Library and Information Systems, 41(2), 2007, pp124-133.
- Probets, S. G. and Jenkins, C.D., “Documentation for Institutional Repositories”, Learned Publishing, 19(1), 2006, pp 57-71.
- Gadd, E.A., Oppenheim, C. and Probets, S.G., ''Romeo Studies 6: Rights Metadata for Open Archiving'' , Program - Electronic Library and Information Systems , 38(1), 2004, pp 5-14.