Dr John Cooke
BSc Maths (Hull), PhD, Computing Science (Inst. Comp. Sci. and Imperial College, London), C Math, C Eng.
Former Lecturer in Computer Science, Loughborough.
Co-authored 3 books: Computer Mathematics with Helmut Bez, Program Construction with Roger Stone, and Construction Correct Software (2 editions). Computer Mathematics was translated into Russian.
- Foundations of Computing
- Formal Language Theory
- (Denotational) Semantics of Programming Languages
- Development of (necessarily) Correct Software from Formal Specifications
- Synthesis of Compilers and runtime implementations fro Continuation Semantics of Programming Languages
- Co-founder of the FACS (Formal Aspects of Computing) Specialist group of the BCS, and committee member ever since
- Member of the Computer Science committee of the LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- Former Senior Assistant Examiner in A level Computer Science (Assoc. Ex. Board)
- Former External Examiner: BSc (Liverpool John Moore’s, Solent, Brighton), MSc (Hatfield/Herts), PhD (Strathclyde, Hatfield, Sheffield Hallam, Imperial College)
- Formerly an Editorial Board member of Interacting with Computers
- Formerly an Associate Editor of The Computer Journal
- Associate (Managing) Editor of Formal Aspects of Computing since its inception in 1989