Dr Christina Hopfe
- Uncertainty analysis in building performance simulation for design support
- Multi-criteria decision making under uncertainty in building performance assessment
- An investigation into future performance and overheating risks in Passivhaus dwellings
- Robust multi-criteria design optimisation in building design
Christina Hopfe has a degree in civil engineering and graduated 2005 at Technical University in Darmstadt, Germany with major in finite element theory and object oriented programming.
During her studies she gained already working experience whilst conducting diverse projects in consulting agencies and software development companies, among others.
After graduating, Christina started her Ph.D. research in the Building Physics and Systems group, at the Department of Architecture, Building, and Planning, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands. Between 2009 and 2013, Christina has worked as a Lecturer at Cardiff University, before she moved to Loughborough University in October 2013.
Christina’s interests cover multiple areas, such as:
- Building performance simulation (BPS), different simulation tools, their applicability and enhancement.
- New techniques in the optimization of buildings/ building shapes (multi- objective optimization techniques, meta-models (Kriging)).
- Uncertainty/sensitivity analysis, e.g. in scenarios conditions/ design parameters, etc.
- Decision support/techniques in the design process also under the consideration of uncertainties.
Journal of Building Performance Simulation, Building and Environment; HVAC-R, Automation in Construction, Energy Policy, Energy & Buildings, Advanced Engineering Informatics
Building Performance Simulation
Passivhaus and low energy buildings
Uncertainty/ sensitivity analysis
Decision support techniques
Title: “Knowledge based energy management for public buildings through holistic information modeling and 3D visualisation KNOWHOIEM”
Sponsor: European Commission (FP7)
Title: “Home centred healthcare management in an assisted living context”
Title: “Cost-effective, large-scale, adaptable and deployable innovative domestic renewable energy product and process solutions”
Sponsor: BRE LTD, MOMENTA
Title: “SCriPT: Sustainable Construction Service Platform”
Sponsor: Welsh Assembly Government (A4B)