Dr David Belcher
- The preparation of materials, solutions etc. for undergraduate and taught MSc laboratory practicals in the areas of Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry.
- Maintaining stocks of chemicals, consumables, lab ware and other materials for laboratory F3.01 and ordering any supplies needed to keep the lab running smoothly, plus managing the lab budget and logging Purchasing Card transactions.
- Maintenance/repair of equipment in the laboratory or arranging with external companies for repairs to be carried out.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, reliable and tidy lab environment and adhering to Health and Safety Policy (including First Aid duties and accident reporting), also liaising with Facilities Management to report repairs needed plus any minor improvements to the existing facilities.
- Demonstrating how to use apparatus and instrumentation, and generally helping students with their experimental work.
- Supervising colleagues to ensure efficient running of the lab and that deadlines for preparation for experiments are met.
- Testing of new experiments and troubleshooting any difficulties with existing ones.
- General day-to-day running of the laboratory.