PhD Research Student
Dimitrios Kosmidis is a PhD student working on "Radium migration through the surface environment at Three UK Natural Analogue Sites", part of the Lo-RISE project and working under the supervision of Dr Nick Evans (Senior Lecturer). Dimitrios graduated from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 2008, with a Bachelor of Science in Geology, then gained an MSc in Sustainable Management in Aquatic Environment from the University of Thessaly in 2012.During his BSc and MSc studies he worked on both aquatic and land resources with an emphasis on their sustainability and quality, using a combination of extended fieldwork, monitoring and geochemical analyses. These experiences were written up in his research theses:
- Hydro-chemical and Geophysical research of the water aquifer in Almyros region, East Central Greece.
- Distribution of main and major ions, nitrogen and phosphorus in the sediments of Lake Karla, Central Greece.
- Defining biogeochemical baselines
- Soil and sediment transport properties
- Molecular scale characterisation of NOM-radionuclide interactions.
- Karyoti M. and Kosmidis D. (2008). Hydrochemical study of undergrounds waters quality of Almyros region, Central Greece, Third Congress on Installations of Treatment Water and Humid Waste of Small Scale, Skiathos, Greece.
- Tzouni A., Skordas K., Giannakopoulou L., Kosmidis D., Tziatziou L., Neofitou N., Neofitou C., Vafidis D. (2011). Preliminary study of concentration of heavy metals in the sediments of Lake Karla, 4th International Congress of Fishery – Hydrobiology, Volos, Greece.
- Kosmidis D., Liapis G., Skordas K., Tziatziou L., Neofitou N., Neofitou C., Vafidis. (2011). Quality of surface waters of Lake Karla, 4th International Congress of Fishery – Hydrobiology, Volos, Greece.
- Skordas K., Kosmidis D., Liapis G., Tazamouranis N., Neofitou C., Vafidis D. (2012). The likely effects of underground waters level fall of South – East Thessaly because of salinity of Lake Karla, 10th Pan-Hellenic Conference of Oceanography & Fishery, Athens, Greece.
- Skordas K., Thanasakis D., Kosmidis D., Neofitou C., Vafidis D. (2012). Contamination by heavy metals in surface sediments of Lake Karla, 10th Pan-Hellenic Conference of Oceanography & Fishery, Athens, Greece.
- Karyoti M and Kosmidis D. (2012). Feed in Tariff Pricing and other mechanisms to support interconnected PV systems: the case of Greece, 10th General Scientific Conference-Economic crisis and political development and cohesion, ERSA, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Karyoti M. and Kosmidis D. (2012). Use of renewable energy in the middle of economic crisis, with an emphasis on photovoltaic systems, 3rd Pan-Hellenic Conference Planning, Regional Planning and Regional Development, Volos, Greece.
- Gounari C., Skordas K., Gounaris A., Kosmidis D., Karyoti A. (2014). Seawater Intrusion and Nitrate Pollution in Coastal Aquifer of Almyros – Nea Anchialos Basin, Central Greece, WSEAS Transactions on Environment and Development, Volume 10, 2014, E-ISSN: 2224-3496, pp. 211-222.
- Konstantinos Skordas, Efstratios Kelepertzis, Dimitrios Kosmidis, Panagiota Panagiotaki, Dimitrios Vafidis. (2014). Distribution of nutrients and heavy metals in the surface sediments of the reconstructed lake Karla, Thessaly, Greece. (In press).
- Nikolaou M., Neofitou N., Skordas K., Kosmidis D., Tziantziou L. (2014). CONTENTS OF Cu AND Zn IN WILD SEA BREAM AND SEA BASS FROM THE PAGASITIKOS GULF (EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN), 1st INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF APPLIED ICHTHYOLOGY & AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT – HydroMedit, Volos 13-15, November 2014,
- Skordas K., Korakaki D., Kosmidis D., Nikolaou M., Neofitou N., Panagiotaki P. (2014). Contents of Cu and Zn in Bogue, Boops boops and Picarel, Spicara smaris from the Kissamos Gulf, Crete. 1st INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF APPLIED ICHTHYOLOGY & AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT – HydroMedit, Volos 13-15, November 2014.
- Arvanitoyannis S.I., Kosmidis D., Skordas K. (2014) Determination of heavy metal contents with AAS toward identification of geographical origin of snails (in press).
- Pantazis V., Arvanitoyannis S.I., Kosmidis D., and Gotsiou P. (2014). Identification of geographical origin of thyme honey based on physical analysis (heavy metals, L*, a*, b*, pH, electric conductivity) content (AAS) and sensory analysis by means of principal component analysis (in preparation).
Work as Co-Author
- Green Energy Recourses in “Sustainable Development and Implementation of Environmental Management Systems”, Ed. Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis, University Studio Press, Thessaloniki, Greece (Hellas).
- ISO 19011: Auditing and Applications in “Total Quality Management in the Food Industry”, Ed. Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis, Academic Press (An imprint of Elsevier), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Enterprise Resource Planning in “Total Quality Management in the Food Industry”, Ed. Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis, Academic Press (An imprint of Elsevier), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- ISO 9001:2008, Implementation and Interpretation in “Total Quality Management in the Food Industry”, Ed. Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis, Academic Press (An imprint of Elsevier), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.