Dr Zulfikar Adamu B.Tech., MTech., MSc., PhD
Lecturer in Architectural Technology
Zulfikar holds BTech and MTech degrees in Architecture from Federal University of Technology (FUT) Minna, Nigeria; an MSc in Architectural Engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) Saudi Arabia; as well as a PhD in Civil and Building Engineering from Loughborough University, UK. He worked briefly in a professional architectural practice in Nigeria and was formerly a lecturer (Architectural Engineering Department) in KFUPM, Saudi Arabia. He joined Loughborough University as a lecturer through the Architectural Engineering and Design Management (AEDM) group in 2013
Broad Interests and expertise
Computer applications in the design and construction of buildings including: airflow modelling (ventilation and indoor air quality), building information modelling (BIM) and virtual and augmented reality applications.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Natural ventilation in passivhaus buildings
- Natural ventilation with heat recovery
- Passive evaporative cooling systems
- Reviewer for journals including: ITCon, Building and Environment and Building Services Engineering Research and Technology.