Wayne Lord BSc Hons PGDip. Law CEng MICE MIStructE FRICS FHEA Barrister
Senior Lecturer in Construction Law
Graduated at Loughborough with a Civil Engineering degree in the early 80's. Practised as a designer with some of the major consultants e.g. Faber Maunsell and Atkins. Subsequently studied law in the late 90's and qualified as a barrister. Entered legal practice within the Construction and Engineering Group of an international law firm in 2001. Entered academia in September 2007, now responsible for researching and teaching law to built environment undergraduates.
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)
- Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers (MIStructE)
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court
- General Council of the Bar (practising barrister)
- Past Chairman of East Midlands Branch of the Institution of Structural Engineers (2006-2007)
- Past Chairman of Construction Industry Council East Midlands (2007 - 2009)
- Past Board member, EMCBE.