Dr Stephen Porritt
A first degree in physics, with a PhD in climate change adaptation. The PhD project investigated retrofit measures on dwellings, assessing both the effect on heating energy use and on overheating during a heat wave period. Adaptation cost was also included in the analysis and a retrofit toolkit was produced to allow comparison of retrofit measures on a range of dwelling types. The toolkit can be accessed at:
Broad interests and expertise
- Monitoring of buildings.
- Dynamic thermal modelling of buildings.
- Dwelling retrofit
- Building energy use.
- Climate change adaptation of buildings.
- Member of the Institute of Physics.
- Affiliate member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
Previous research projects
- Kingfisher Project: Testing a range of Green Deal home energy products, including solid wall insulation, solar PV, solar thermal and home automation