Professor Ronald McCaffer BSc PhD DSc FREng FRSE FICE FCIOB
Emeritus Professor of Construction Management
Previous posts: Deputy Vice-Chancellor 1997-2002; Dean of Engineering 1992-97; Head of Civil Engineering 1987-93; Reader, Senior lecturer, Lecturer Previous Employers: Babtie, Shaw and Morton 1965-67; The Nuclear Power Group 1967-69; Taylor Woodrow 1969-70.
Broad interests and expertise
- All areas of Construction Management
- Fellow Royal academy of Engineering
- Fellow of the institution of Civil Engineers
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Estimating, tendering and procurement
- Strategic management
- Organisational management
- Knowledge management
- Use of ICT in Large Scale Engineering projects
- Member EPSRC's Technical Opportunities Panel.
- Member of the Civil Engineering Panel for the 2001 Research Assessment Exercise.
- Editor of Engineering Construction and Architectural Management.
- Editorial Panel Member and referee for a Number of Journals.