Dr Rene Wackrow PhD, MCInstCES, FHEA
Lecturer in Engineering Surveying
Part D (MEng) Year Tutor: Civil Engineering
Rene is an experienced Surveying Engineer and Researcher with 10 years experience in the area of Geomatics, particularly digital photogrammetry and laser scanning.
- 2010 - present: Lecturer in Engineering Surveying, School of Civil & Building Engineering, Loughborough University
- 2008 - 2010: University Teacher in Geomatics and Civil in the Department of Civil and Building Engineering, Loughborough University
- 2005 - 2008: PhD Student in the Department of Civil and Building Engineering, Loughborough University
- 2004 - 2005: Land Surveyor, Ingenieurbüro für Vermessung und Bauabrechnung, Berlin, Germany
Broad interests and expertise
- Spatial measurement using digital photogrammetry, laser scanning and remote sensing methods.
- Member of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Please visit Rene Wackrow's homepage for current and past research projects and research output: http://civil-staff.lboro.ac.uk/cvrw5/
- A convergent image configuration for DEM extraction that minimises the systematic effects caused by an inaccurate lens model
- Minimizing systematic error surfaces in digital elevation models using oblique convergent imagery.
- Evaluation of the controls affecting the quality of spatial data derived from historical aerial photographs
- Parameterising Internal Camera Geometry with Focusing Distance