Dr Aaron Anvuur BSc (Hons) MSc (Eng) PhD MRICS MCIOB MGhIS
Aaron holds a BSc(Hons) in Building Technology (with First Class) from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), an MSc (Eng) in Construction Management and Engineering (with Distinction) from the University of Leeds and a PhD in Construction Management from The University of Hong Kong. Formerly a lecturer in project management and procurement at UCL, Aaron also has consultancy, project management and contracting experience on a range of civil and building engineering projects.
Broad interests and expertise
Construction and Project Management
Professional Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS); Corporate Member of Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB); Professional Member of Ghana Institution of Surveyors (MGhIS)
Research has focused mainly on aspects of professional (interpersonal and person-group) relations and governance strategies that shape collaboration and cooperation in projects, and straddles the following interrelated themes:
- Sustainable Construction Procurement
- Human Factors in Project Management
- Resilient Project Governance Systems
- Risk, Uncertainty and Value Management
- Construction in Developing Countries
- Research Methods
- Referee and Reviewer Service: Various, including Journal of International Real Estate and Construction Studies, Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Facilities, The Ghana Surveyor, Construction Management and Economics, Journal of Construction, Engineering and Management, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, Journal of Construction in Developing Countries.
- Editorial Boards and Scientific Committees: Editorial Board Member, African Review of Economics and Finance; Editorial Board Member, Infrastructure Asset Management; Editorial Review Board Member, Built Environment Project and Asset Management; Scientific Committee Member, West Africa Built Environment Research (WABER) Conference and Workshop, 2009―11; Scientific Committee Member, 1st International Conference on Infrastructure Development in Africa (ICIDA 2012).
- Knowledge Transfer/Exchange Activity: Accreditation Panel Member, Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB); Member, ECI ACTIVE Task Force.