Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
Vehicle Test Labs
The department maintains a range of instrumented vehicles which are used for both research and final year project and student test work.
The current vehicles and their principal research use is:
- Jaguar XF V8 (Vehicle Handling, Tyres and Powertrain modelling and assessment),
- Toyota Prius (Hybrid vehicle powertrain modelling),
- Ford Mondeo (Braking test labs),
- Ford Fiesta (Static noise and vibration analysis)
- and a Toyota Auris (Time to speed and coast down tests).