With a degree in Aeronautical or Automotive Engineering from Loughborough University, you can expect to have gained a diverse skill set. This will include project management, team work, leadership, business acumen and people management as well as technical expertise, setting you up for a successful career.
Our latest graduates have achieved
£28,000. Average starting salary1
94% of employed graduates in professional, managerial or graduate level roles2
1 DHLE, 2016 graduates. Mean salary, FT UK & Channel Isles first degree students in professional employment.
2 DLHE, 2016 graduates. Full-time employment only. UK & CI plus EU.
Due to their unique and specialist skills, engineers are the top earners in terms of starting salaries alongside graduates from medicine and dentistry (Times Good University Guide). Chartered Engineers command even higher salaries and once you have reached this status you can expect to earn a salary of over £60,000 per year.
As well as a top salary, a degree in Engineering presents wide reaching opportunities from world leading blue chip organisations to developing countries.
Recent graduate roles and destinations
Our graduates work across the globe at many of the world’s leading companies. The following are some of the roles our recent graduates are doing.
- Airbus, Flight Physics Graduate Engineer
- Atkins, Graduate Aerospace Engineer
- Bentley Motors, Fuel Systems Engineer
- Caterpillar, Engineer
- Cummins, Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
- Dyson, Fluid Dynamics Engineer
- JCB, Powertrain Graduate Engineer
- Jaguar Land Rover, Automotive Engineer
- Lockheed Martin, Graduate Engineer
- Mclaren, Graduate Engineer
- Mercedes F1, Mechanical Design Engineer
- Rolls-Royce, Aeronautical Engineer
- Williams F1, Graduate Design Engineer