Dr Sujit Baliyarasimhuni PhD Aerospace Engineering
Lecturer (Guidance and control of autonomous vehicles)
Sujit became a Post-Doctoral Fellow at BYU, Utah, USA in 2006, joined the University of Porto, Portugal in 2008 as a Research scientist, finishing in 2012 and joined Loughborough University as a Lecturer in 2017.
- Multi-robot systems
- Autonomous vehicles (UAV, AUV, ASV, Autonomous cars)
- Human-robot interaction
- Aircraft design and performance
- Tiwari, Rohan, Puneet Jain, Sachit Butail, Sujit P. Baliyarasimhuni, and Michael A. Goodrich. "Effect of Leader Placement on Robotic Swarm Control." In Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Autonomous Agents and MultiAgent Systems, pp. 1387-1394. International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, 2017.
- Sousa, Lara L., Francisco López-Castejón, Javier Gilabert, Paulo Relvas, Ana Couto, Nuno Queiroz, Renato Caldas et al. "Integrated monitoring of mola mola behaviour in space and time." PLOS one 11, no. 8 (2016): e0160404.
- Maini, Parikshit, and P. B. Sujit. "Path planning for a UAV with kinematic constraints in the presence of polygonal obstacles." In Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), 2016 International Conference on, pp. 62-67. IEEE, 2016.
- Sujit, P. B., Srikanth Saripalli, and Joao Borges Sousa. "Unmanned aerial vehicle path following: A survey and analysis of algorithms for fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicless." IEEE Control Systems 34, no. 1 (2014): 42-59.
- Rucco, Alessandro, P. B. Sujit, A. Pedro Aguiar, and João Sousa. "Optimal UAV Rendezvous on a UGV." In AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, p. 0895. 2016.
- Aine, Sandip, and P. B. Sujit. "Integrating Planning and Control for Efficient Path Planning in the Presence of Environmental Disturbances." In ICAPS, pp. 441-449. 2016.
- Sujit, P. B., J. G. Manathara, Debasish Ghose, and J. B. de Sousa. "Decentralized multi-UAV coalition formation with limited communication ranges." In Handbook of unmanned aerial vehicles, pp. 2021-2048. Springer Netherlands, 2015.
- Ho, Dac-Tu, Esten Ingar Grøtli, P. B. Sujit, Tor Arne Johansen, and João Borges Sousa. "Optimization of wireless sensor network and UAV data acquisition." Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems 78, no. 1 (2015): 159.
- University of Porto, Portugal
- NTNU, Norway
- University of Texas A&M
- Virginia Tech
- Indian Institute of Science
- NTU Singapore
External roles and appointments
- Editor Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems
- Member IEEE
- Associate Editor ICUAS, IFAC ACODS