Dr Mehriar Dianat BSc, PhD
- Senior Scientist/Engineer in Gas Industry, Advantica, working on many projects involving development of mathematical models for turbulence and combustion with applications in a wide range of gas-related industries.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering , Sharif University, Tehran
- PhD in Experimental Aerodynamics , Surrey University, Guildford
- BTEC Certificate in Management Studies , Distance and Residential Learning with British Gas plc / Wolsey Hall Oxford, Oxford Polytechnic
- Post-doctoral research at Surrey, Birmingham and Loughborough Universities and Imperial College on projects in computational and experimental fluid dynamics
Outline main research interests
Numerical Methods using CFD. Development of Mathematical Models and their Validation with applications in gas turbine aerodynamics. LES of Fuel Injector Aerodynamics. Modelling of Two-phase Flows.
- Applied Aerodynamics
- Working within the Rolls-Royce UTC on various projects with gas turbine applications
- SAMULET project on LES of Fuel Injectors Flows
- Two-phase Flows involving Primary and Secondary Breakup Process
- Dianat, M, Skarysz, M, Hodgson, G, Garmory, A, Passmore, M (2017) Coupled Level-Set Volume of Fluid Simulations of Water Flowing Over a Simplified Drainage Channel With and Without Air Coflow, SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars - Mechanical Systems, 10(1), ISSN: 1946-4002. DOI: 10.4271/2017-01-1552.
- Dianat, M, Skarysz, M, Garmory, A (2017) A Coupled Level Set and Volume of Fluid Method for Automotive Exterior Water Management Applications, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 91, pp.19-19, ISSN: 1879-3533. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2017.01.008.
- Xiao, F, Dianat, M, McGuirk, JJ (2016) An LES turbulent inflow generator using a recycling and rescaling method, Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, pp.1-33, ISSN: 1573-1987. DOI: 10.1007/s10494-016-9778-6.