Mark Cassell BEng
Member of the Rolls-Royce UTC in Combustion System Aerothermal Processes since 2012.
- Passive damping systems for gas turbine combustors
- Experimental and numerical study of gas turbine aero-acoustic interactions
- BEng(hons) Aeronautical Engineering, Loughborough University, 2012
- PhD, ‘Development of aerodynamic and acoustic enhanced damping configurations for gas turbine combustion systems’, Loughborough University
Outline of main research project
Experimental, computational and analytical study of aero-acoustics within modern gas turbines. This includes the development and analysis of acoustic damping devices and unsteady fluid dynamics of fuel systems and injectors.
- Combustion system aerodynamics
- Acoustic damping
- Unsteady fluid dynamics
- Applied Aerodynamics