This video shows you the impact that our enterprising outlook is having.
Business and enterprise aren’t just buzzwords we use . . . they’re integrated in everything we do across campus.
From working with local, national and international businesses, to supporting students to deliver on their entrepreneurial ideas: enterprise means business here at Loughborough. The University stimulates economic growth locally, regionally and nationally: generating £823 million expenditure. This video shows you the impact that our enterprising outlook is having.
The facts about enterprise at Loughborough . . .
- The University work with over 1,300 organisations worldwide, exchanging knowledge to drive innovation, boost performance and meet current and future challenges.
- New products and services are commercialised from University research: 1 new product launch happens every 6 months, and 15 patents have been granted in the last 3 years.
- A 35 hectare expansion at LUSEP is underway to create a further 100,000 sq m floor space to create one of the biggest science parks in the UK.
- The University has an exceptional track record of fostering enterprise and innovation - from commercialising research through licensing and the formation of companies.
- We have developed strong relationships with global industry leaders, SME’s and voluntary organisations.
- We are committed to helping businesses succeed through sharing and applying ideas, knowledge, technologies, skills and services.
- When working with the University companies benefit from; Research and development facilities, graduate workforce supply, on-site conferencing facilities and an outstanding work environment.
- The Studio is the University’s incubation hub, which supports Loughborough graduates to develop their business, through access to resources, expertise and knowledge. Since 2011 over 30 graduate businesses have been nurtured, creating over 55 jobs as a result.
- Almost 60 companies employing over 2,000 people are based at the University’s Science and Enterprise Park (LUSEP), providing excellent opportunities for industry placements and graduate degrees.
- Over 1,500 students were engaged in enterprise activities in 2015.