This video shows you the impact that our enterprising outlook is having.
Business and enterprise aren’t just buzzwords we use... they’re integrated in everything we do across campus.
We partner with organisations of all sizes and across all sectors, exchanging knowledge to deliver new products and services to meet today’s challenges and those of the future. We provide an outstanding base for businesses to grow, nurture new graduate businesses and inspire our students to be enterprising.
The facts about enterprise at Loughborough . . .
- The University work with over 1,300 organisations worldwide, exchanging knowledge to drive innovation, boost performance and meet current and future challenges.
- New products and services are commercialised from University research: 1 new product launch happens every 6 months, and 15 patents have been granted in the last 3 years.
- A 35 hectare expansion at LUSEP is underway to create a further 100,000 sq m floor space to create one of the biggest science parks in the UK.
- The University has an exceptional track record of fostering enterprise and innovation - from commercialising research through licensing and the formation of companies.
- We have developed strong relationships with global industry leaders, SME’s and voluntary organisations.
- We are committed to helping businesses succeed through sharing and applying ideas, knowledge, technologies, skills and services.
- The Studio is the University’s incubation hub, which supports Loughborough graduates to develop their business, through access to resources, expertise and knowledge. Since 2011 we have supported 42 Businesses, which have created over 70 jobs and had 83 Interns and volunteers. The Studio has helped our businesses raise over £500,000.00 in funding and investments.
- Almost 70 companies employing over 2,000 people are based at the University’s Science and Enterprise Park (LUSEP), providing excellent opportunities for industry placements and graduate degrees.
- Over 6,000 students were engaged in enterprise activities in 2016.